One way I'm able to save money on food is by working on a goat farm. One of the perks is that I get free milk and cheese! I've made butter, yogurt, cottage cheese and soap with the milk, not to mention drinking the milk, which has a much better taste than cows milk and goats milk is far superior for humans than cows milk.
Here's a few fun facts about goat's milk compiled from various internet sources:
* 1. More people drink goat milk rather than cow milk. It is estimated that 65 percent of the milk consumption worldwide is of goat milk.
* 2. Compared to cow milk, goat milk is less allergenic, naturally homogenized, easier to digest and rarely causes lactose intolerance.
* 3. Goat milk soap has been found to be an effective treatment for acne, can reduce wrinkles and signs of aging, and soothes dry and damaged skin. It contains ingredients that make it a natural moisturizer and exfoliator.
* 4. Goat milk soap is recommended for people with eczema and psoriasis because it is high in Vitamin A, needed to repair damaged skin.
* 5. Cleopatra, the great Egyptian queen known for her beauty, was said to bathe in goat's milk.
What are some things you do to save money on groceries/food? I'm looking forward to some tips and advice.
Hello, love your site...looking forward to reading and exploring more!